June 2, 2013

Done with the Laziness = Two Delicious Recipes!


Hello there love bugs.  How has your weekend been so far?    I don't want to come right out and say that we are crazy busy, because we are not.  We do have a lot going on though.  Yeah, Dana, thanks for the reality check. Everyone has tons going on!  Sorry , gang. I think you grasp what I'm saying though. :)  This weekend is really nice; however, as we have zero stuff happening and we kind of love it that way!  You get more things done because you aren't pressed for time to be somewhere.  It's wonderful!

Saturday, the hubby did his own errands and as did I, and we got some things out of the way.  That's one of the many things I love about us; we have a good balance when it comes to getting things done.  The things I think about all the time do, get done and taken care of and it's the same with the hubs' stuff.  { my stuff is of course the more domesticated route}.  I will say that it took me a couple of years to finally understand that guys just really don't care if the glass coffee table is dusty; nor do they even notice it.  If you have a man who does notice those things, then good for you!!  Don't attempt to change that.  We both are always "in the know" of what each other is doing/getting done and it's refreshing to hear that he's doing something that is important and needs to get done and I didn't even think of that.  Balance can be difficult, but it's key.


{source}




I hit the gym, {fourth day in a row}!  The arms are killin' me and I pulled something on my inner thigh so I'm making today my rest day! When I got home I made this delicious and healthy smoothie! 



 I then went food shopping and made some yummy treats!  All in all, it was a pretty healthy day!  We then relaxed and watched Les Mis on Netflix, Um....AMAZING!  It was so intense and beautiful. We also finally watched an entire episode of SNL. Let me keep you abreast: If we relax and stay home on a Saturday night, we are usually asleep by 10:30/11pm.  Tonight was a total breakthrough!

So this smoothie!  All I can say is wow and to please try it!  It's super healthy, so refreshing and there's no added sugar but it has amazing flavor!  I must say I was pretty proud of myself when I made this after I got home from the gym.

Strawberry-Blueberry Smoothie

Ingredients:

-2 cups vanilla or plain almond milk
-1/2 cup water
-1 cup plain Greek yogurt
-1 cup frozen blueberries
-1 cup frozen strawberries ( take apart as they are larger and stick together).
-5-6 ice cubes

Method:

Blend everything together in blender until thick and creamy.   I love the ice crusher button. Enjoy the deliciousness!

It's not a groundbreaking smoothie recipe, I know. But take my word for it, it's really good.


Soooo, I also made an insane guacamole!  I recently discovered Trader Joe's Greek Yogurt guac. Well, it's pretty life changing.  My homemade version of it tasted 97% exactly like it.  It's SO good!  And the fact that there's Greek yogurt in it?  Amaze-balls! Healthy amaze-balls!


This post is really starting to sound like it's about "Greek yogurt", isn't it?






These chips were pretty tasty as well!  I couldn't pass them up!




Trader Joe's "copy-cat" Greek yogurt guacamole

Ingredients:

-1 cup plain Greek yogurt
-1 ripe avocado
-1 medium onion, roughly chopped ( I used my mini food processor)
-1 medium tomato diced  " "
-1 clove of garlic, minced
-1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
-juice of 1 lime
-salt and pepper to taste

Method:

- Roughly chop the onion, tomato and garlic clove.  Place them in blender or food processor and pulse together for less than 1 minute.  You still want a few chunks in the mix so don't blend too long.

- Mix the yogurt and avocado together in a medium bowl.  I found using a whisk worked really well. It works as a good masher and stirrer. The mixture should become decently creamy.  Add in the rest of the ingredients and give it another good stir.  Let it chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before  eating with a spoon straight from fridge  serving.

 


This tastes just like the TJs brand and it's creamy and healthy!  You can't beat all of that!  Try to compare the two...they are reallllly close!

Oh, and for some Ss&Gs, this was dinner:




BBQ Chicken Pizza. And boy was it ever so delish!  You can find the recipe HERE.

Things I altered:

-Almost a cup more of BBQ sauce
-I used smoked Gouda and cheddar cheese as well
-I used a whole wheat crust, thin crust ( it was okay, although I like to compare it to tasting like a graham cracker.  A little too thin.


Since it's been crazy hot outside lately, I just haven't felt like cooking and using the oven. It felt like pure laziness since it was well over a week that I cooked anything.  I'm not going to use the heat as an excuse though. I love to cook, it's therapy for me and I will be getting in the kitchen again...a good amount more.  The casseroles will be the only things to stop until Fall. :)  

I hope you try one of these recipes as they were all so good!


What are your plans for today?  I'm doing a shit-ton of laundry and making some sort of cookie for dessert. We're going to my parents house for dinner tonight. It's been a long time so it should be nice.


Enjoy the day, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS