June 26, 2013

Bun-less Chicken Patty/Cake/ Burgers



It's Summer my friends! And I just adore a good burger.  I also adore any food that's grilled.  The flavor the grill gives off is just oh so delicious.  My mouth waters any time I hear a sizzle.  It's almost instantaneous. 




I feel like I have an obsession with 'patties'. Salmon, black bean, tuna, crab, beef, turkey, and of course, chicken.  When it comes to buns, no, not those buns.  You dirty minds, you!   But buns for burgers and hot dogs, I NEED  hot dog buns. I for some reason don't care to eat hot dogs alone or 'naked'. Is that odd?  But when it comes to burgers, I'm quite fine without a bun.  I mean, yeah. I totally love the occasional classic cheeseburger with all the extras along with the perfect burger bun. But I also have a thing for eating 'patties' with just a fork.  It's fun and it can sometimes give off the illusion of eating something more sophisticated.  There's nothing wrong with feeling fancy from time to time.

:)






When I first made this holy-scrumptiousness, I fell in love.  They are not too attractive, but boy were they tasty!  So, as you can see, when it comes to shaping any kind of meat into a cake-patty pretty thing, I'm all over it!  These chicken burgers were packed with such wonderful flavors like fresh minced garlic and chopped onion.  Your taste buds will totally groove!

When I got home, my husband was already planted on the couch and I was beat as well.  He mentioned he could grill up the chicken burgers that I was going to make but really didn't feel like grilling.  I had no care; I secretly love using my griddle pan. :)  It was rainy and nasty outside so I decided to bring the BBQ indoors.  I did notice that these burgers would be even MORE incredible when we do grill them on the outside grill next time.  And they would be wonderful as an actual made up burger, with some tomato, lettuce, onion and ketchup with a sesame seed bun. Oh yes!  But these were still insanely good, juicy and moist, and of course, perfect with just a fork.


The potatoes didn't hurt either.  They were so tender and delish!




Grill these babies up the next time you want to cook on the grill. You will fall in love as much as I have!





Classic Chicken Burgers
{Adapted from the Food Network cookbook}
aka the Food Bible <<<---- invest. in. this. book!

Ingredients:

Easily makes 4 patties

-1 pkg ( 16 oz.) ground chicken
-1/2 of 1 onion, roughly chopped
-1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
-1 clove of garlic, minced
-1 tbsp. fresh or dried thyme { I only had dried}
-1-2 tbsp. canola oil
-Salt and Pepper


*For the baby potatoes, I just sliced them in half and tossed them in some olive oil, salt and pepper and threw them on the grill.


Method:

-Blend all ingredients together in medium bowl until well incorporated and shape into 4 good sized patties. Cook 4-5 minutes on each side on hot oiled grill grates. *Note: These will most likely cook up faster on a large outdoor grill.  I used a griddle pan so I had no lid. In total, I cooked these patties for at least 10 minutes; flipping occasionally, until there was no longer any uncooked parts showing.*

Serve up any way you prefer. Any veggie and  these potatoes make a great side dish. And of course other BBQ  side dish classics. And remember, these are perfect with just a fork if you like to go bun-less like me.




Enjoy your Hump Day!!











1 comment:

  1. NUM!!! I love chicken or turkey burgers and these look delish! I'm also a huge fan of mini potatoes :) The perfect summer dish!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS