May 14, 2013

Healthy Living Survey


Hi Friends!

I came across this “Healthy Living Survey” on  Tina's adorable blog the other day. She posted it back in January, but it looked like a fun post to blog about and share with you!  Enjoy!

1.      What did you eat for breakfast?
Today was just my typical “liquid” breakfast; which is either hot tea/coffee/water/or a juice drink.  Today was a watermelon smoothie and it was so refreshing!  I’m trying to work on eating a breakfast with more sustenance but I’m either just not that hungry or would rather not eat anything bad for me. {Confession: when I think of breakfast, I want the bad stuff.  Egg and cheese and bacon sandwich, pancakes, or bagels with way-too-much- cream cheese}. So the easy thing to do is just avoid it all at once. J

 2.      How much water do you drink a day?
Most days, I’d say I drink a lot of water!  The only beverages I ever drink are either unsweetened iced tea, water, coffee- cream, no sugar, green tea, and occasionally wine.

3. What is your current favorite workout?
Lately, it’s just being proud that I did something. I’ve been a little more inconsistent these past few weeks. Life just takes over sometimes.  I love getting in a decent run or that I do 20 whole minutes on the stair machine.  I also love squats.

4. How many calories do you eat a day?
No clue. I don’t keep track anymore. I’d say they are significantly less during the work week as I try to monitor what I eat. I have a desk job. Pizza and hoagies just will not do most days. I eat more ‘snack’ items throughout the day. Hummus, carrots, red pepper strips, guac, black beans, Greek yogurt, whole wheat wraps and most of those items I bring from home. J

5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
See above! :)

But I’ll add a few more to the list:

-peanut butter

-wheat thins

-cheese

-dried cranberries
-apples

-grapes

-watermelon

-smoked almonds/cashews

And so much more…


6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
Sometimes I’ll do the leftover dinner thing or look at #4.

7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
My arms- biceps and triceps!  That lunch lady arm always haunts me.

8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
My legs I guess.  I feel I have bad knees. {They both crack whenever I get up}  And after a decent run, they hurt. I feel I have decently nice looking legs and don’t ever feel the desire to really ‘work on them.’ 

9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
Oh boy. This could be long.  I’ll give you the most thought about J  Chocolate/ mint chocolate chip ice cream/anything with caramel/ milkshakes/ funnel cake/Reese’s pieces candies/ frozen libations with lots of whipped cream/extra cheese pizza/Oreos/BBQ potato chips/ cheese!! And I should end it here!!

 10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Yep!  I used to just take a women’s multi-vitamin but am now on prenatals.  We of course want to start a family, but I hear prenatals are the super vitamin.  So ladies get on it now, baby wanting or not.

11. How often do you eat out?
About three nights a week I’d say, including if we do take-out, but that’s very rare.

12. Do you eat fast food?
Once in a blue moon I’ll get a Wendy’s chocolate frosty or if I’m in a real pinch, Burger King makes some awesome .99 ranch chicken snack wraps. Two bites and you’re done.  They really hit the spot!

13. Who is your biggest supporter?
Gary. He’s pretty great that way.

14. Do you have a gym membership?
Yesssss. I need to go there more consistently though.  Boo.

15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Lately, about 5-6. It’s pretty bad some days. And that’s only because I try to do a lot in one day. But I find when I work out more, and even still get 5 hours of sleep, I’m not as tired. Crazy!

16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
Most days are ‘cheat’ days for me.  I figure if I ate really well during the day or hardly anything, and I worked out, that four slices of frozen pizza ain’t gonna hurt me. And it’s delicious.  I can’t ever make a frozen pizza and not eat four slices. Impossible in my book!

17. Do you drink alcohol?
Yes, but it’s wine 95% of the time. The other 5% is the occasional margarita which I adore.

18. Do you have a workout buddy?
No and I like it that way.  My hubby and I may go to the gym together here and there, but once we’re there, we do our own thing; although, he recently mentioned about running more together and doing a 5k. Oh boy.

19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a Healthy Lifestyle?

Might sound corny, but Willpower!
I never, ever had this before.

The way I look at food and my body has changed a lot.  I adore food and I will never have it in me to deprive myself, but I’m proud of myself for sticking with exercise over the past two years and actually dropping 13 pounds which I NEVER thought would happen and just getting in better shape. I now know what foods are best for me and at least now have on my mind how much I should really be eating/ how much I need and how I do want to look; which that thought reminds me to keep up with exercising as well.

Also, just being healthier!  I always wanted to lose some pounds and get in better shape before I turned 30 and I achieved that and now I’ve just been maintaining!

20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
Worked out for an hour at the gym{cardio/weights/squats} on Saturday and really curbed what I ate that entire day after two days prior of no exercise and enjoying fatty and rich foods down in Atlantic City! {Worth it..until I stepped on the scale} lol.

4 comments:

  1. Haha lunch lady arm! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 hours of sleep per night???! I would die. Seriously die. I can't handle anything less than 8. I'm struggling on 7.5 today - give me your sleep strength!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS