May 26, 2013

BBQ Fun!


Hi Friends!


This has been a pretty busy weekend for us.  At least between Friday and Saturday. We had a BBQ at the house with about 20 people on Saturday, saw The Hangover Part III, { it was good, but nothing beats the first one}! got lunch, did errands,  car shopped { although I knew exactly what I wanted}, and bought a NEW CAR {my new car} and finalized everything on Saturday morning. Or should I say around 11:30am, with a party starting at 2pm.  We were kind of a little nuts. All was fine, but I have to admit I felt overwhelmed by everything at one point. 

I felt like putting the smart cap on { or maybe not-so-smart} and went food shopping at 10:30pm on Friday night.  The only thing great about that idea is that no one is there! I knew with the car stuff in the morning, there's noway I'd make it to the food store, and get the house in order as well.  When I got home, I decided to also prep both the white and red sangria, and make a quick dessert.  I'm glad I did.  When we got home about 11ish Saturday morning, I noticed that it was the best idea to prep all the fruit the night before.  I had also already set up our kitchen table with everything I needed; plates/napkins/cups/utensils, etc. The hubby got crackin' on setting everything up outside. I was only making meatballs and potato salad- both were pretty quick foods to cook. This is where crock pots come in; love them!

Our party turned out great, except the weather was a bit sucky.  It was nice outside, but the wind was insane!  I'm still glad it did not rain, but it was only about 65 degrees and very windy.  Of course today, it's at least 73-75 degrees, sun staying out, and barely windy.  What the H?


{source}


I'm pretty in love with my new car!  I just have to get used to it. :)    Please enjoy a few photos from Saturdays festivities!  We are just taking it easy today and enjoying all the leftovers!  We have one more BBQ tomorrow and the weather looks to be beautiful! 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!



There were 40 meatballs in there. Not one meatball leftover. :)

This potato salad was a hit!  Best part?  No mayo!  Healthier and that's one less thing in your fridge.  I heart Ina.

I LOVE a hot dog with mustard and pickles. delish!








































Dorothy's Peanut Butter Dip was much prettier.  THIS was delicious, however!  I called it the "Peanut Butter Cheese Ball".  She was right, it was gone within 1 hour. For reals.  This time around, I'll be honest. I was tired and lazy making this by midnight Friday night.  Enter, a ball shaped of absolute goodness.  It's still got patriotic potential, no?











mmmm, leftovers!













Need bread/rolls?































2011 Ford Edge.  Love it!
















Had her since 2001. Time to say goodbye. I got teary-eyed...for a few minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I'm drooling over your food! How exciting, a new car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. Top Rated Pellet Smokers Review

    ReplyDelete
  3.  A portable fish finder is a good choice if you don't fish from the same ship all the time. catering per matrimoni

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the nice post and answer to my question that i was finding for a long time. I will test your services.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS