April 7, 2013

Cream Cheese Bran Muffins





Happy Sunday!  How was your weekend so far?

I just made these bran muffins.  The house smells delicious, I purchased four new jumbo and puffy pillows today, along with some dark chocolate filled with orange cream. Life is good.

And so were these muffins...






I find most of my recipes from other food blogs, magazines, and my favorite handy IPhone App, Allrecipes.  I swear one of these days my phone will get a lot of butter on it or fall and shatter in the porcelain sink and get soaked and die.  Until then, I will keep using it to cook awesome recipes.  Who uses paper anymore? Really? Well, I found this muffin recipe in a Kraft magazine. I just couldn't pass it up. Cream cheese filled muffins?  Yes please!

The best and unique part about these?  The cream cheese eliminates the need for butter.  I mean, you could probably fill these muffins up with cubes of butter, but that would probably be a runny mess.  The cream cheese stays put and also gives a tangy taste to the muffins.  These are really different and really GOOD.

I'm actually liking a bowl of All-Bran cereal lately.  When I bought a box for this recipe, I had a bowl with skim one morning for breakfast. It's pretty yummy and it's definitely one of those filling cereals.



Give them a whirl for breakfast tomorrow!

 
Cream Cheese Bran Muffins

Found this in an easy-fix- meal magazine by Kraft; but here is the exact recipe online:


Ingredients {altered a little}

1 cup All-Bran
1/2 cup 2% milk
1 cup sour cream (I used reduced-fat)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 package date quick bran bread mix (I used Jiffy muffin mix)
1 package cream cheese

*I would try dried cranberries in these next time for more texture and flavor*





Have a good week my lovely friends!


 

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I love bran cereal (weird??!) and these muffins look drool-worthy. I'm sure they are full of fiber and the cream cheese would add a decadent taste to make them more dessert-y :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly!! They are the perfect grab and go treat, too!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS