February 12, 2013

This Should Put All Chicken Chains Out Of Bizz!



Hello there dear friends.  If you are in the mood for something crispy, something crunchy, and something sweet and savory all in one bowl; well then look no further than this blog.  This salad was UH-MAZING!  It was fresh and light, yet very filling because that's what spinach and fruit does!  I love spinach leaves.  It's the best kind of leafy vegetable out there for you.  I don't have any stats with me on hand right now, but that's what I've heard and read in books and magazines in the past.  If I eat a salad these days, the base is always just spinach leaves. 



I feel this salad could be great for Valentine's Day to share with the one you love.  Or your dog or cat.  They are allowed to have chicken.  It's the turkey that's a no-no.  The strawberries add great color to this dish, and the best, best, best part of this salad??  The Poppy seed dressing I picked up. It's. So. Good.

I actually buy quite a few different dressings of this Lite house Brand.  They are all totally light with usually no more than 150 calories and 5 grams of fat.  They are really tasty.  You will only find this brand of salad dressings in the cold section of the produce aisle; next to all that is lettuce and spinach.





I could not wait to get home and make this. I was hot from power walking in the food store with my heavy-weight winter coat on. I brought Sammy with me for a ride and didn't want him to freeze his little butt off while waiting for me in the car; luckily it was not below 0 outside. And I was simply starrrrrving.  This was fast, easy and so good!


Crispy Chicken & Feta Spinach Salad

1 small pkg. of boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
dashes of black pepper, salt and paprika, mixed in the flour
1 big  handful of spinach leaves
small handful of shredded carrots
 fresh strawberries , sliced
feta cheese, crumbled

Beat the egg and milk in small bowl together with a fork.
Use a flat large plate or pie dish for the flour mixture.
Use another small bowl or flat plate for the breadcrumbs.

Dredge your chicken in the flour mixture first, then in the egg mixture, and then in the breadcrumbs.  Just as you would for chicken parm.  Heat a little EVOO in a medium skillet; make sure it's sizzling hot!  Cook the chicken tenders until golden brown on both sides. About a good 6-8 minutes. {that's the only tiny time consuming part...is cooking the chicken}.

Prepare your salad as you like and you can totally take out or add in some ingredients.  I placed the spinach down first in a medium bowl, then the carrots, then the strawberries, then a dash of black pepper, then some feta cheese and then finally topped with 4 of the amazing chicken tenders.  And finally, top them with a little more feta and the dressing.  DELICIOUS!





Please make this. For lunch or for dinner. It doesn't matter. You just have to make it and soon!

 And you know what else is pretty cool? 

This picture....and the fact that these tenders would be of course wonderful on their own AND dipped in this dressing. SO GOOD!


Surprisingly, I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow!  I am excited...can you tell?!

Time to hit the hay...long day.  Have a good night!

3 comments:

  1. Dana, This looks absolutely delicious! Leftovers are the best!! Have a great week. -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, ladies!! It was so scrumptious...especially the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG so awesome, have to make it. Can you come over and cook for Dad and I??? Please....... Love ya Mom

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS